Hotel For Sale
- Substantial Hotel in a unique trading location on the tranquil Isle of Tiree offering superlative coastal views.
- A true lifestyle, home and income opportunity which would ideally suit a couple, but would also offer growth potential via external investment.
- Trading profitably on strong and sustainable mixed trade but with considerable potential for further growth.
- Eight good quality bedrooms and 2-bed owners accommodation plus staff accommodation.
- Set within extensive grounds with excellent development potential subject to planning consents; further adjacent land included in sale.
The traditional origins of Scarinish Hotel are reflected in both the character of the property and the welcoming atmosphere enjoyed by its wide range of patrons. The Hotel was the first inn offering accommodation on Tiree which originally opened in 1801. With a prominent trading location on the shore facing the mainland with views across Scarinish old harbour, the Hotel is an impressive building with a commanding presence. This substantial property is set in an idyllic setting within extensive grounds. The business generates the bulk of its income during the summer months when the population of the island is greatly increased by the influx of owners occupying their holiday homes and tourists visiting the island.
The business trades on the three traditional income streams of wet sales, food and accommodation with turnover being reasonably equally split between each. The business is marketed through its own website and the Discover Tiree Website. Marketing is also conducted through Caledonian MacBrayne on their ferries. The Hotel specialises in locally sourced produce such as succulent Tiree beef and lamb or the crabs, lobsters and scallops taken from the pristine waters around the island. The Scarinish is a Scotch Beef Club Member.
The business operates as a destination venue and is presented in very good order, with a number of charming features. The present owners offer services and facilities with the aim of providing a stress-free environment in keeping with the relaxed way of life enjoyed throughout the Island. The Hotel currently operates a full service all year round. During the main season which runs from Easter to October the Hotel is at its busiest with the turnover peaking in July and August. Clientele is drawn from a number of sources giving a year-round trading platform. During the summer months the Hotel attracts a high number of tourists who come to the island for a great many reasons.